Friday 4 January 2013

365 Project: Photo 004

Today I had my first real worry that I might not get a photo of anything other than my coffee table but then I remembered I was going down to the South Bank tonight to take a look at the excellent Landscape Photographer of the Year Exhibition, currently upstairs (and free) in the National Theatre. This means that I get to walk along Waterloo Bridge, one of my favourite experiences in all of London. Waterloo Bridge is my second favourite bridge in the capital, after Tower Bridge obviously, as its location is just perfect. To the east is St. Paul's Cathedral; looking south from the north side you have the panorama of the South Bank playing out in front of you with the OXO tower, the National Theatre, the British Film Institute and the South Bank centre all in a row; and to the west you can see the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament and the building below, Shell Mex House. This art deco behemoth used to be the headquarters of Shell and BP and is adorned with one of the largest clock faces in the country, colloquially known as Big Benzene. It's a shoddy photo but an impressive building.


2 comments:

  1. It's always a good feeling when you think you're going to have to post a boring picture but then come across something cool like this.

    ReplyDelete