Tuesday 1 January 2013

365 Project

Okay, I'm going to do it.

I'm going to do one of those 365 photo projects I've heard so much about in recent years. On a basic level it involves taking at least one photo every day and sharing it online. On a less prosaic level it means forcing yourself to try and get creative every day, to look for something interesting in the mundane, to come up with something different than the last even when the characters have remained the same. From what I understand, until you get into a decent pattern it's actually quite a difficult thing to do and, so, with that in mind I'm going to be realistic about this:
  • Not every photo will be great, or even good. Some will be blurry, some will be under exposed.
  • Although I intend to take a photo every day I won't necessarily post it here every day; I'll probably batch them a bit.
  • There are lots of lists online that can provide guidance and inspiration for days when the creative juices just aren't flowing. I'll probably have a look through several of these for hints and tips.
  • I'll likely take duplicate photos that are very similar to each other. Expect to get very well acquainted with my living room and commute to work.
  • At some point I will probably want to quit. I'll try not to.
So, starting today, I am going to come up with 365 posts each with its own little photo of something from my day. You'll be pleased to hear that I won't bother tweeting and facebooking about it every single day, we'd all get pretty tired of that pretty quickly; I'll maybe just do a weekly or monthly round up. I shall still be doing my usual photography posts and, hopefully, as I heal up and get more mobile as the year progresses I'll be able to take more higher quality pictures again. I'll also be carrying on with the more scientific and sceptical posts that I started recently, in fact yesterday I started work on what will either be a series of posts or one very long post on one of my absolute, all time, most infuriating topics: chiropractic. But that's for another time.

Here, then, is photo 001 of my 365 Project. I went for a walk today to blast away the cobwebs from last night's celebrations and Primrose Hill in north London was the place to do it. I took this photo on my phone and Instagramed it up a bit so this isn't going to score highly on quality or looking natural, but hey ho.

1 down, 364 to go. Wish me luck.




2 comments:

  1. Good luck, you're off to a good start. I am doing a 365 project as well and searching around for others to follow and encourage along the way. I would love for you to stop by and check mine out at http://mattucker365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mat, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete