Sunday 13 January 2013

365 Project: Photo 013

Once again I flout the rules of engagement! The goal today was to get a photo of a stranger smiling. Now, there are two ways you can go about this; you can surreptitiously pap someone without them knowing, or, you can walk up to a stranger, start chatting, build up a rapport and ask them for a quick portrait. The first method is, let's face it, creepy. The second requires more interpersonal skills than I currently posses and so, whilst I did actually manage to get a photo of a stranger smiling, I have gone with something slightly different. I was at the Natural History Museum today to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, which was very good, and I hung back once the rest of our group had left to try and find some decent shots of the central hall. I came up with a few that I liked, using long exposures to blur out some of the tourists that were swarming about. This has to be in my top 5 buildings in the city, maybe even the world, it is a feast for the senses both inside and out. Dotted throughout are animals climbing the balustrades and pillars, the columns and the rails and this little fellow stood still just about long enough for me to grab a snap of him with the hall behind. A moment later and he had scuttled off back to the rafters.

The Natural History Museum, London

No comments:

Post a Comment