Sunday 1 September 2013

365 Project: Photo 244

This one actually took some doing. I was bored so I wondered into the Olympic Park to see if I could get a nice foreground for the sunset. For the first time in ages, though, the sunset was a rather muted affair and so I failed. As darkness fell the lights in the RUN sign outside the Copper Box became more prominent and so I tried to work with them for a while. Then it occurred to me that, although I'd been there for nearly an hour, I hadn't seen a single soul run by, just an endless procession of cars. All of a sudden a bus went by and I realised I could try to set this shot up - light trails and a juxtaposition of theme between the vehicle and the sign. Unfortunately, it was Sunday night and I had to wait for 35 minutes for the next bus. And so I waited. And waited. And waited. I passed the time by practising with cars and eventually the bus arrived and I got my shot. Annoyingly, I didn't have my tripod to hand so I think the focus is a bit soft but there was no sign of the proverbial second bus turning up and so I called it quits.


No comments:

Post a Comment