Tuesday 20 August 2013

365 Project: Photo 232

This is another little photography project that I'm working on, a mosaic of the Palace of Westminster. This is my first attempt at getting the photos I need for it and I was sort of treating it as a proof of concept, just to see if I could pull it off. It isn't bad, but it's not good, and I want it to be perfect. I've learnt a lot from this trial run, about having better control of the zoom, the exposure and also the post processing. It takes quite a long time to take all these photos but the next time I have a spare few hours I'll be back down in Lambeth to get it right. Hopefully I won't have to convince the police that I'm not a terrorist this time; it turns out that if you spend ages taking highly detailed photos of the seat of Government you attract unwanted attention.

Anyway, as a proof of concept, it works. I can imagine lots of potential subjects for this sort of project, Buckingham Palace; the Royal Naval College; even people's faces - if I could find a willing model. Watch this space....


No comments:

Post a Comment