Monday 20 May 2013

365 Project: Photo 140

Off topic today but this photo is certainly representative of my evening so far. So it turns out that the time consuming part of making matchstick models isn't the gluing, as I had expected it to be, it's the cutting of the matches to the correct size. If you don't have a decent tool with which to do this then progress will be glacial whilst hand injuries will be frequent. I quickly realised I was gonna need a bigger boat and so I ordered this cheap little matchstick cutter online. It only cost a couple of quid and was delivered within a couple of days. Although I can still only cut one at a time it has totally transformed my little production line and I can build the little bus seats at about twice my previous pace. I estimate that to complete the model will now only take 4 lifetimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment