Monday 8 April 2013

365 Project: Photo 098

As most of Britain is surely aware, former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher died today. I wasn't born when she came to power and was still young when she left so I have no real direct experience of her. I suspect that if I were a decade or two older I would hate her with a passion that would probably require therapy; as it is, I mostly don't care. I found myself in Parliament Square again today, which seemed apt. The tower in the foreground is that of the north transept of Westminster Abbey, the one in the background is Victoria tower at the south end of the Palace of Westminster. I've always felt a bit sorry for the Victoria Tower, it's far more impressive than St. Stephen's Tower which houses Big Ben but is frequently overlooked.

As I said, I mostly don't care about Thatcher but, for me, there is certainly something quite emotive about seeing so many flags in London at half mast, regardless of the reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment