Thursday 1 March 2012

Birthday Blog

One year. That's how long I have been writing this blog now. It is customary upon reaching such milestones to undertake a little naval gazing and so I beg your indulgence. This is my 42nd post in 52 weeks which, frankly, is a pace I sometimes struggle to keep up. My first post, was read by three people and one of those was probably me; I can now expect to get a few hundred readers per month, so thank you to all of you that do. To mark this auspicious occasion I have amassed 10 of the best photos posted from the last year. I have selected them based on a mixture of my own personal preference, comments I have received from you guys and which posts have got the most views. So, in no particular order.....

This is a view of the Nile from a hill top cafe in Aswan

Close up of hieroglyphs with very shallow depth of field

You need straight trunks and high branches to get this classic shot

Possibly my favourite picture I've ever taken

This is a close up of a goat's horn with it's out of focus fur as the background. I love the detail

This shows what can be achieved with a long exposure and a, mostly, steady hand


It took a lot of work, good timing and a good deal of luck to get this shot

I love the atmosphere in this shot of my wife in a Vietnam market


I like the depth of field in this one, it nicely sums up the look of a Vietnamese temple complex

This is Eleanor and Sue in the War museum in Ho Chin Minh City, the girls stance and the sobering content make for a compelling image

No comments:

Post a Comment