Saturday 25 February 2012

Broadway Market

A few weeks ago you may have seen this graffiti laden post on the Regent's Canal, well I also spent an hour or so walking down Broadway Market and these are a few shots of what I came across. As you may remember, I was part of a much larger group, London Photo Walk, and as we progressed through the market we were certainly getting lots of strange looks.

My favourite is this first one of the dog. He was stood like that for over five minutes waiting for his master to come out of what I think was a chip shop. It caught the eye of several people and I wasn't the only person to capture it. If you're so inclined you can anthropomorphise all sorts of emotions and stories onto the little guy. Unfortunately, when the owner did emerge it turned out to be a rather unpleasant drunken tramp type chap.


This picture of a tower of suitcases isn't quite the one I wanted; what I wanted was to be right at the base of the tower looking up with a seemingly huge mountain of suitcases filling the picture. It was just outside a little flea market shop and stood about 6 feet high; I got down on the frozen concrete floor to try and get it right. If it had been warmer I could have composed it better - getting the tower square on, controlling the depth of field more and so on - as it was I just wanted to quickly get up off of the ice cold ground. This is my next best effort. It's retro look could well lend itself to the texturing/antiquing effect that I blogged about previously.


This last one is a curious one. I'm not really sure why I like it, I just do. The overcast conditions helped bring out the rich colours in the brickwork and obviously the painting is an unusual one. Maybe next week I'll look at it and decide it's rubbish but, for now, it remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment