Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review of the Year 2014

Wow, there goes another year.

Once again it has been a year of significant change for both me personally and for the blog too. A big personal change is that I now have little Denisa running about the place and this has led to the main change of the blog: that there is less of it. Time is now my single most precious resource and less of it is being allocated here and to photography. This is probably why more posts have a science feel and less of a photography feel, a transition that has been happening for a few years now in any case.

Nevertheless I will try to pick out my favourite photos from 2014 and shamelessly serve them up reheated in buffet format. In no special order, here are my favourites....


From January there is this picture of the Thames barrier. I took this the day after I got back from Romania after Christmas last year, the light was wonderful and using my ND grads really helped bring it out.




From my post on how to digitally achieve the Lomo effect there is this shot of some train tracks in the mountains of Romania.




Like millions of others this year I paid a visit to the poppies at the Tower of London, this was my best effort from there.




And from Ilfracombe in October there is this clifftop scene.

Not a bad little collection even if I do say so myself. My aim for the year ahead is to post more frequently, although there may not be many more photos. Luckily there's plenty of science out there to keep me busy. Happy new year one and all; keep it festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment