Tuesday 2 July 2013

365 Project: Photo 183

So, summer eventually arrived. Now, it happens to be the case that I'm more of a winter sort of person; give me a biting northerly wind over 30 degree heat any day of the week. It is also the least inspiring season for photography; the light is high, harsh, flat and uninteresting. Summer can, on the whole, kiss my ass, on the hole. I've developed many techniques and tactics over the years to survive the estival onslaught, stay in the shade; cover up; don't go out in the hottest part of the day; but these can be very restrictive - far more so than the worst that winter can throw at us. If I am forced to go out though then I have to don a hat or my pasty skin won't last ten minutes. My favourite sun hat is this one, made from springbok leather and fur. It's got a good broad brim and fits perfectly so that, even in a wind, there's no chance of it going anywhere. Admittedly, walking around east London with it on my loaf does draw some odd looks but, hey, who cares. The theme today was Whiskers; I've decided the trim on the hat will cover it.


No comments:

Post a Comment