Thursday 7 February 2013

365 Project: Photo 035

The theme for today was Beat/Rhythm and I had a fantastic idea. Simply photograph the vibrations in a resonating glass of water! What could be easier? Well, as it turns out, almost anything could have been easier. The project didn't really work but I at least learnt a lot for next time. I didn't have nearly enough light, which forced me to open up the aperture, which decreased my depth of field, which gave me less of the glass to work with. Also, when zoomed in this closely, all the splashes on the glass become much more obvious. I think a macro lens wouldn't go amiss either. Basically, it's rubbish. Anyway, not that I need to point it out because it's so darned obvious, but the vibrations are the lighter coloured bits up the left and right hand sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment