Friday 13 April 2012

MexiGo!

Right, you lot, time to take another trip. Sue and I will be arriving in Mexico tomorrow, somewhere I have wanted to visit since I was a child. You won't be surprised to hear that it is the history of the country that has mostly been the driver behind this but also, having spent several months in various parts of Latin America and Spain; the culture, the food, the music, the language and the people are all things I'm pant wettingly excited about returning to.

As a rough itinerary we will be doing something like Cancun, Tulum, Chichen Itza, Campeche, Palenque, Oaxaca, Veracruz and Mexico City; although the further into that you go the less pinned down it becomes, we'll probably just wing it for the last week or so.

I hear there have been a few earthquakes in the north west of the country lately, not a region we'll be visiting, but there hasn't been any significant damage or injuries, hopefully it'll stay that way.

I was hoping to get the new version of my website launched before I left but a lot of my spare time has been taken up practising Spanish of late so it's just going to have to wait. It should, if I have any clue what I'm doing, look a lot better, have plenty more new content and be in HTML5, which the kids seem very excited about these days. Once it's done I'll try to keep it more up to date than the last one, although this blog will still be the site I update most frequently.

Anyway, yo soy ir a el aeropuerto, hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment