Tuesday 6 December 2011

One Thousand Thank Yous

Well that little ticker on the right of the blog seems to be saying that I have recently reached my first 1,000 page views and, I must admit, I'm pretty stunned by it. I started this blog on a whim back in March not expecting anyone other than my wife and parents to read it out of pity. As it turns out they very rarely look at it all and it would appear that I have no idea who most of my readers are but they come from 20 countries throughout the world. The stats say that my average reader is American and comes to the blog via Twitter on their Mac, so if that's you - Hello! As ever, if you like what you read, then by all means tell your friends and family about it and help in the push towards 2,000 page views.

I mostly write the blog because I enjoy it, but to have so many regular readers is certainly a motivation to continue the effort. I'm going to try to keep up the pace of posting, at least until I run out of photos anyway. I'm also going to try and find some time to update my website, which could do with a spring clean and is missing my most recent photos. I'll let you know when it's done.

As the new year dawns I'm looking forward to new travels around the globe and revisiting old haunts for new perspectives. My shot list seems to be getting longer not shorter so I guess I'll just have to start carrying the camera around a bit more; no great hardship. If you've only started reading in the past few months then you may want to go back to some of the earlier posts on the Lake District, South Downs and Inca Trail. All that's left to say is, once again, thank you; one thousand and eleven thank yous and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment