Friday 18 March 2011

Weather Woes

So, it's been a pretty dull start to the year all things considered, at least in the south. The last three times I've gone out with my camera I haven't even got it out of the bag; the cloud has been unrelenting. Some digging reveals that this has been the second dullest start to a year on record in the south, not ideal for getting great landscape shots. It's not like this everywhere, though; Northern Ireland is currently enjoying its brightest, most sunny year since records began. So either they only bothered to start keeping records this year or they're not doing too badly.

Hopes remain high of getting some decent shots soon, though. Tomorrow I'll be spending the day walking on the South Downs and next week I'll be spending a week in the Lake District. Opportunities abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment